KANSAS CITY HOME MEDICAL SUPPLY: PREMIUM HANDHELD SHOWER SUPPLIERS
A handheld shower is an essential product for those who have restricted mobility due to illness, injury, or surgery. As a bathroom product, it offers people the chance to take a shower on their own without having to depend on another person. This gives them independence, privacy and saves them from the embarrassment and hassle of relying on another for this basic task.
A handheld shower allows the water to be directed to different areas on the body without an individual needing to move or adjust how they are sitting or standing. Therefore, it will make it easier for individuals to reach hard to access areas while bathing. A handheld shower attachment is essential if you have an elderly person in the household or a disabled family member with restricted movement and mobility. A handheld shower is also very useful when people have been injured and as a result are not able to move fully, or for those who are recovering from surgeries.
The Benefits of a Handheld Shower
A handheld shower is basically a showerhead with a handle and comfortable grips that is attached to the water supply using a long flexible hose. This hose is what allows the handheld shower to reach hard to clean places on the body. Handheld showerheads offer a number of advantages to those who need them. For example:
- A handheld shower lets you spray water to reach and clean otherwise hard-to-reach areas on the body
- You can adjust the force of the water spray on the handheld shower head making bathing a very comfortable experience
- With a handheld shower, you can sit in any position or stand in any position as the handheld shower can move around and is very flexible
- Some handheld showers come with shut off valves making them much more convenient as users do not have to get up and reach the bathroom valve to shut off the handheld shower
- A handheld shower allows people with restricted movement and functioning to bathe themselves independently maintaining their privacy and self-esteem.
People Who Need a Handheld Shower
A handheld shower can be installed in nearly any conventional shower in the bathroom for people who are unable to use the conventional showerhead due to limited mobility or for other medical reasons. For some people and in some situations, a handheld shower is absolutely necessary.
A handheld shower is essential for people who have the following conditions:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Joint pain
- Knee pain
- Leg pain
- Foot and ankle problems
- Unsteady gait
- A history of falls
- General weakness
It can also be essential for people who have undergone surgeries such as:
- Back surgery
- Total hip replacement
- Shoulder repair
- Total knee replacement
Come into Our Store Today to Purchase the Perfect Handheld Shower!
At Kansas City Home Medical Supply, we have a large selection of handheld showers. As a result, you are guaranteed to find a handheld shower in our showrooms that is perfect for all your unique, personal needs. We stock brands such as:
- Drive Medical
To find out more about any of our products including or for any questions that you may have about buying a handheld shower, contact us today. You can check out our large handheld shower selection on our website or come in to either of our convenient Kansas City locations today.