FIND THE BEST RAISED TOILET SEAT AT KANSAS CITY HOME MEDICAL SUPPLY
A raised toilet seat or an elevated toilet seat can be a huge help for those who are unable to bend and sit on low surfaces or for those who have restricted movement. These toilet seats allow people to use a conventional toilet without having any pain or discomfort in their legs and joints and without the need for another person’s assistance. Best of all, you can get all these benefits without having to replace or make major modifications to the existing toilet.
A raised toilet seat, also often known as an elevated toilet seat, riser, or lifter, makes it easier for people to sit on and get up from a toilet seat. If you have elderly family members at home, this is the perfect product for you. A raised toilet seat is also an ideal product for your home if you have undergone surgeries that limit mobility or have limited mobility due to certain health conditions or disabilities.
To learn more about raised toilet seats or to purchase a toilet seat, visit one of our Kansas City medical equipment supply stores today.
Benefits of Using a Raised Toilet Seat
The main purpose of a raised toilet seat is to make it easier for people who have limited mobility to use the toilet without any help from others. It eliminates the need for people to bend to sit on a low seat by elevating the level of the seat. Raised toilet seats can be attached to an existing conventional toilet or even an elongated toilet. They fit directly on top of the porcelain toilet bowl reducing the distance that people have to cover while sitting down or getting up from a toilet. Some elevated toilet seats even have adjustable handles and arms that can further aid in getting on or off the toilet.
While there are several types of raise toilet seats available, most offer the following benefits.
- A raised toilet seat is lightweight and sturdy and can easily be installed and uninstalled from a conventional existing commode.
- Installing a raised toilet seat allows the elderly, the weak, the disabled, and those who have undergone surgeries to use the toilet conveniently and safely.
- It allows them to sit on a toilet without any aches and pains.
- It gives people more independence as they can use the toilet without the help of a caretaker, nurse, or family member.
- No modifications of the existing commode are required to install a raised toilet seat.
- With the help of the adjustable arms and handles of the raised toilet seat, users can balance themselves properly and support themselves when they are sitting on or getting off the toilet to prevent the risk of falls.
- A raised toilet seat is sturdy, durable, and easy to clean once installed.
- A raise toilet seat can be easily removed and stored if no longer needed.
Why You May Need a Raised Toilet Seat
Raised toilet seats can be helpful for individuals suffering from a variety of conditions. If you have any of the conditions listed below or have undergone any of these procedures, then a raised toilet seat may help make your life easier.
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Knee pain
- Shoulder surgery
- Fractures and sprains
- Rotator cuff repair
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillain Barre
Buy Raised Toilet Seats at our Kansas City Store Today
Kansas City Home Medical Supply is a top-notch home medical supplies store in Kansas City. We have the most comprehensive range of medical supplies including handheld showers, grab bars, and shower chairs for homes, senior living facilities, healthcare professionals, and nursing homes.
We stock raised toilet seats from some of the most reputed manufacturers like Carex, Nova, Guardian, Medline, and Drive Medical. If you are looking for more information before you purchase a raised toilet seat, call us at 913-385-2020 or come into one of our two Kansas City showrooms to check out our large selection of raised toilet seats.