BUY A LIFT CHAIR RECLINER IN KANSAS CITY
There are many medical conditions, including those conditions associated with an aging body that will hinder an individual’s mobility and affect their quality of life. However, with the aid of specially designed medical equipment like a lift chair recliner, electric wheelchair, bathtub transfer bench, and more, these individuals can see improved mobility in their everyday life.
With three locations in the Kansas City area, Kansas City Home Medical Supply is a respected vendor of medical equipment. We offer a wide range of medical equipment designed to increase the ease and convenience with which senior citizens and patients with limited mobility go about their routines. Among our many available products, is the lift chair recliner. These recliners can help individuals to more easily sit or stand up from a sitting position, reducing the risk of falls as well as strain on the body.
What is a Lift Chair Recliner?
A lift chair recliner is a commonly used piece of medical equipment and these are generally regarded as a staple in any professional medical institution such as nursing homes and retirement communities. A lift chair recliner uses a motorized lifting mechanism to control the angle at which the chair is positioned. When elevated, these chairs make sitting or standing much easier.
A lift chair recliner can come in a variety of different sizes to suit the individual or patient in question. Typically, a lift chair recliner can effectively lift a maximum of 350 lbs to 700 lbs, depending on weight limits of the chair. Lift chair recliners can be purchased in a variety of fabrics and colors to suit any taste and design.
A lift chair recliner is ideal for patients and individuals with the following diagnoses:
- Rotator Cuff Repair – Rotator cuff repair refers to a type of surgery targeted towards the reparation of torn tendons in the shoulder area. Individuals who have recently undergone such surgeries will be required to completely rest their shoulders and may therefore require the aid of a lift chair recliner to help them sit and stand comfortably.
- Hip/Knee Replacement – Individuals who have undergone hip or knee replacement surgeries will not be allowed to exert relevant body parts until the healing process is fully complete. The lift chair recliner can improve the convenience afforded to them during the recovery period.
- Cancer – Individuals who are suffering from cancer, or undergoing treatment for cancer, will typically experience immense fatigue and weakness. The lift chair recliner can help them align their bodies so they can sit comfortably.
- Respiratory Disease – Patients suffering from respiratory conditions may need to sleep and rest with their heads elevated at a 30-45 degree angle. They may also experience fatigue caused by breathing difficulties. The lift chair recliner is ideal because it helps them save energy and effort when trying to sit upright or lie down.
- GERD – GERD is a common condition where stomach acid is released into the esophagus. The condition can cause serious discomfort. In many instances, a lift chair recliner has helped individuals suffering from GERD to position themselves so as to avoid or limit discomfort.
Other uses of a lift chair recliner include limiting the pain and discomfort caused by neuromuscular diseases and bone-related conditions like cancer, arthritis, or osteoarthritis.
Purchase Your Lift Chair Recliner from Kansas City Home Medical Supply
Kansas City Home Medical Supply stocks a wide variety of lift chair recliner products manufactured by leading providers including Golden Technology. With many options available to choose from, you can easily find the chair to suit your needs.
If you are suffering from a medical condition that limits your mobility, contact us or come by one of our Kansas City stores to view our range of medical supplies and equipment available.