BUY A LIFT CHAIR RECLINER IN KANSAS CITY
There are many medical conditions, including those conditions associated with an aging body that will hinder an individual’s mobility and affect their quality of life. However, with the aid of specially designed medical equipment like a lift chair recliner, electric wheelchair, bathtub transfer bench, and more, these individuals can see improved mobility in their everyday life.
With three locations in the Kansas City area, including locations in Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, MO and Kansas City, MO, KC Home Medical Supply is a respected vendor of medical equipment. We offer a wide range of medical equipment designed to increase the ease and convenience with which senior citizens and patients with limited mobility go about their routines. Among our many available products, is the lift chair recliner. These recliners can help individuals to more easily sit or stand up from a sitting position, reducing the risk of falls as well as strain on the body.
What is a Lift Chair Recliner?
A lift chair recliner is a commonly used piece of medical equipment and these are generally regarded as a staple in any professional medical institution such as nursing homes and retirement communities. A lift chair recliner uses a motorized lifting mechanism to control the angle at which the chair is positioned. When elevated, these chairs make sitting or standing much easier.
A lift chair recliner can come in a variety of different sizes to suit the individual or patient in question. Typically, a lift chair recliner can effectively lift a maximum of 350 lbs to 700 lbs, depending on weight limits of the chair. Lift chair recliners can be purchased in a variety of fabrics and colors to suit any taste and design.
A lift chair recliner is ideal for patients and individuals with the following diagnoses:
- Rotator Cuff Repair – Rotator cuff repair refers to a type of surgery targeted towards the reparation of torn tendons in the shoulder area. Individuals who have recently undergone such surgeries will be required to completely rest their shoulders and may therefore require the aid of a lift chair recliner to help them sit and stand comfortably.
- Hip/Knee Replacement – Individuals who have undergone hip or knee replacement surgeries will not be allowed to exert relevant body parts until the healing process is fully complete. The lift chair recliner can improve the convenience afforded to them during the recovery period.
- Cancer – Individuals who are suffering from cancer, or undergoing treatment for cancer, will typically experience immense fatigue and weakness. The lift chair recliner can help them align their bodies so they can sit comfortably.
- Respiratory Disease – Patients suffering from respiratory conditions may need to sleep and rest with their heads elevated at a 30-45 degree angle. They may also experience fatigue caused by breathing difficulties. The lift chair recliner is ideal because it helps them save energy and effort when trying to sit upright or lie down.
- GERD – GERD is a common condition where stomach acid is released into the esophagus. The condition can cause serious discomfort. In many instances, a lift chair recliner has helped individuals suffering from GERD to position themselves so as to avoid or limit discomfort.
Other uses of a lift chair recliner include limiting the pain and discomfort caused by neuromuscular diseases and bone-related conditions like cancer, arthritis, or osteoarthritis.
Purchase Your Lift Chair Recliner from KC Home Medical Supply in Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, or Kansas City, MO
Kansas City Home Medical Supply stocks a wide variety of lift chair recliner products manufactured by leading providers including Golden Technology. With many options available to choose from, you can easily find the chair to suit your needs.
If you are suffering from a medical condition that limits your mobility, contact us or come by one of our Kansas City stores to view our range of medical supplies and equipment available.
Frequently Asked Questions
See some of our answers to the most frequently asked questions about lift chairs below, and if you have any additional questions, please give us a call.
How Much Are Lift Chairs?
While there is quite a price range, usually depending on the brand, quality, and how many “positions” the lift chairs allow. Of our normal stock of lift chairs in our KC stores, prices can range from roughly $1,000 to over $2,500.
Is It Normal For Lift Chairs To Creak and Drop When Lifting Up?
Yes, this is normal, especially for lift chairs that have been frequently used for some time. Some people find success in alleviating the creaking sound when using the chair by using a thin oil to lubricate the pivot points on the back or underneath the chair.
How Heavy Are Lift Chairs?
While every lift chair is different, you should expect them to be heavier than most normal chairs, due to the mechanisms within the chair. On average we see lift chairs weighing between 100-200lbs. We definitely recommend lifting and moving lift chairs with 2 or more people.
Are Lift Chairs Tax Deductible?
It depends. According to the IRS, you can usually deduct a number of qualified medical expenses. A chair lift falls under “capital expenses”, meaning the expense of a chair lift is tax-deductible if you have a prescription from a doctor or healthcare provider saying you need one due to health reasons.
Are Lift Chairs Covered By Medicare?
According to Healthline, Medicare currently considers a lift chair to be durable medical equipment (DME) and will often pay for some of the costs for the chair. In order to qualify for this, you must have a doctor’s prescription for the chair as well as purchase it from a Medicare-approved supplier.