BUY A BEDSIDE COMMODE FROM KANSAS CITY HOME MEDICAL SUPPLY
A very important, type of medical equipment for independent living for many seniors and individuals with disabilities is the bedside commode. A bedside commode is essential for those who are unable to walk on their own to the toilet or use the toilet properly without assistance. A bedside commode also comes in handy when people are recovering from surgeries or have injuries that restrict mobility.
A bedside commode is a basin or pail-type commode held in place by a chair like frame. As its name suggests, a bedside commode, can be used next to the bed or anywhere outside of the bathroom where access to a toilet is necessary. It is lightweight so that it can be carried and moved easily and most of its parts are detachable so that they can easily be cleaned. Most standard bedside commodes can support up to 200 lbs. However, bariatric bedside commodes are designed to support as much as 500 or 1000 lbs.
At Kansas City Home Medical Supply, we sell a comprehensive bedside commode range so that you are guaranteed to find the right bedside commode for your needs in our medical equipment supply store. Come in or contact us today to learn more.
Why You May Need to Buy a Bedside Commode
People may require temporary or permanent use of a bedside commode for one of many medical reasons. Therefore, bedside commodes are commonly used in a variety of types of environments including senior living assistance facilities, nursing homes, hospitals, and homes where disabled or elderly individuals live. Here is a list of situations and conditions for which a bedside commode may be required.
- Post surgical recovery
- Total knee replacement
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Back surgery
- Total hip replacement
- Shoulder repair
- Disabilities that restrict movement
- Fractures and injuries that restrict movement
- Illnesses that have made the patient too weak to move
- People with unsteady gait or a history of falls
What to Look for When Shopping for a Bedside Commode
- The commode or the basin should be easy to detach for quick and easy cleaning
- For most models, the height of the bedside commode can be adjusted per the user’s requirements
- Bedside commodes have various weight limits, with some models that can support up to 600lbs to 1000lbs
- Some bedside commodes are foldable and can be stored away easily
- Some bedside commodes have wheels making them easy to move around
- A bedside commode should be durable, made of sturdy, lightweight metal or aluminum
- Some bedside commode models have cushioned seats making them comfortable for the user to sit on
- Bedside commodes will come with a splash guard to be used over a bathroom stool
Buy a Bedside Commode from Our Kansas City Store Today
Kansas City Home Medical Supply stocks the best bedside commodes in Kansas City. We carry commodes from many different brands including:
- Drive Medical
If you have questions about buying a bedside commode, contact us by calling us at 913-385-2020. You can also check out our large collection of medical equipment supply products on our website or by coming into either of our Kansas City stores today.