WHEELCHAIRS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE & RENTAL IN KANSAS CITY
It is never easy when an individual loses mobility and is forced to use external assistance to move around. Physical limitations can take an emotional toll, as one fears the possibility of a poorer quality of life as a result of their limited mobility. Fortunately, wheelchairs can offer them some saving grace, by allowing these individuals to go about their daily routine with improved comfort and convenience.
Wheelchairs are not exclusively for individuals who experience permanent mobility limitations, but are also for those who have undergone operations or a fracture that require them to rest, heal, and recuperate for a short period of time. Moreover, some individuals may only be temporarily immobilized, perhaps having to undergo intensive physiotherapy before they can begin using their legs again. Despite the nature of the medical condition, wheelchairs have become one of the most common pieces of medical equipment in use today.
Kansas City Home Medical Supply is a medical equipment vendor that sells products from the finest brands in the market to medical institutions and individuals throughout Kansas City. We understand how debilitating many medical conditions can be, which is why we are fully committed to providing our clients with only the finest medical products in the marketplace. Apart from wheelchairs, we also sell a range of other products including compression stockings and lift chair recliners.
For Whom are Wheelchairs Intended?
Wheelchairs are typically designed for individuals who are unable to, or find it difficult to, use their legs to walk or move. A manual wheelchair will allow a patient to move and maneuver himself/herself using the mechanism that is attached to the two wheels beside the seat. There are also two smaller wheels at the front of a wheelchair that help individuals to direct their movements. Wheelchairs can be heavy, depending on their size, and therefore require external assistance when being transported from one place to another.
Wheelchairs are extremely useful for many individuals experiencing temporary or permanent mobility limitations. This includes those with the following diagnoses or conditions:
- Osteoarthritis – Osteoarthritis is a medical condition that affects the strength of an individual’s bones. It can be a serious condition causing widespread pain. Wheelchairs improve the quality of life for individuals suffering from osteoarthritis as it allows them to move from place to place despite their limitations.
- Strokes – After an individual experiences a stroke, they may experience partial paralysis or mobility limitations. In many cases, doctors will prescribe wheelchairs because they allow individuals to move around regardless of their condition.
- Amputation – Amputation is typically undertaken when a part of the body is no longer functioning or has sustained irreparable damage. In many cases, amputation is required in order to stop an infection from spreading to other parts of the body. Depending on the positioning of the amputation and a person’s physical characteristics, the use of a wheelchair may be necessary following amputation.
- Neurological Diseases – In many cases, neurological diseases cannot be anticipated and may become so critical as to cause an individual to completely lose mobility in their legs. In such cases, wheelchairs may be the only option.
- Other Medical Conditions – Apart from the serious conditions mentioned above, wheelchairs are also used extensively during periods where individuals are healing from motor accidents, fractured legs, general fatigue and weakness, or foot-related surgeries.
Buy Wheelchairs and Much More at Kansas City Home Medical Supply
At Kansas City Home Medical Supply, we sell and rent a wide variety of wheelchairs from many leading manufacturers. These reputed brands include:
- Drive Medical
If you are in need of a quality, reliable wheelchair, contact Kansas City Home Medical Supply immediately or come in to one of our Kansas City stores. With our wide selection available for purchase and rent, we guarantee that you will find a wheelchair that suits your unique specifications and preferences.