Use a Rollator Walker to Assist Mobilityadmin
A person with limited mobility may not need a wheelchair, as they may still be able to get about some. A rollator walker is ideal for these individuals who can walk, but need a little help with balance and stability. This type of walker uses a sturdy metallic frame set atop three or four wheels and has a built-in seat, allowing the user to stop and sit as needed. Many models also come with attachments and accessories to make moving about easier and more natural.
Using and moving a rollator walker is easily controlled because the wheels allow steady movement without requiring much strength to lift the walker up to take another step. The front wheels usually swivel, which allows a guided glide in various directions, while the back wheels are fixed to remain stabilized. When the user decides to use the seating option, all wheels can be safely locked in place.
Individuals with some of the following conditions or diagnoses would benefit from using a rollator:
- joint pains
- hip or knee replacements
- decreased ability for weight bearing
Due to the wheels and a more fluid movement, the rollator allows for faster walking speeds. This helps put the user closer to a normal walking gait to aid in recovery and maintain mobility. People can also benefit from exercising for longer distances and being out for longer periods of time, given the seat that provides a resting moment if needed.
Kansas City Home Medical Supply offers a wide variety of rollator options with different accessories and advantages. When looking for your next rollator that fits you, consider one with these:
- Carrying Pouch – some are located in front for easy access; others contain a more secure, private option such as under the seat; and some even include a tray for use.
- Customizable Ergonomic Options – some models can adjust by height, while some come with ergonomic hand grips that make them easier to grasp for people with lacking grip strength.
- Seats – many seat options exist, including extra padding, oversized seats, and even waterproof cushions.
- Backrest – padded and height-adjustable backrests are possible in various models for comfortability when sitting.
- Storage – putting away your rollator with ease may be useful, with compact, one-handed folding options available.
- Tires – if you want to be able to use your rollator both inside and outside, there are different options for the tires that make moving over different type of terrain possible, such as soft grip tires. Models also often have tires that swivel freely and easily.
- User Details – your height and weight may determine what model would be ideal for you. Be sure to find one that can sustain you and your use.
Compare our assortment of rollator walker models to find options that are essential for you. For more information or if you need help to find the perfect rollator for your mobility needs, contact us today to learn more!